Lewis & Clark State College, Lewiston, Idaho
Fine Arts Building (1912)
The Fine Arts Building is a two story brick masonry building with wood-framed interior walls and wood-framed floor system. The architect, Kirtland K. Cutter, was one of the most influential architects in the Northwest at the turn of the century. The building was renovated in 1962, with the two interior stairs installed, some interior walls removed and the chemistry equipment removed.
Music Building (1950)
The New Music Building was originally built as a church and operated by the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-day Saints. The building was purchased by Lewis-Clark State College from the Inland Empire Council of the Boy Scouts in 1994 for $306,000. The brick structure contains a large room with a stage/platform area where recitals and musical/dance performances can be conducted.
Day Care Center (1946)
This single-story building has a daylight type basement and wood-frame interior walls with brick veneer. The building was first located at Farragut Naval Base (Lake Pend Oreille) and moved to Lewiston in 1946 for use as the campus health center.
Originally built as the women's residence hall in 1930, Talkington Hall is now one of three co-ed living facilities on the LCSC campus. This classic building has a welcoming main lobby with a fireplace and piano for lounging. In the basement you will find a large TV lounge and laundry facilities just down the hall. Talkington contains a study lounge and a kitchenette for residents to use. Talkington Hall will be co-ed starting Fall 2001.
University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
Golf Club House (1969)
Nez Perce Drive;
The University of Idaho golf course is a very challenging par 72. It was originally designed by Francis L. James, and constructed in 1933 as a nine hole golf course. In 1968, the course was redesigned by Bob Bolduck and nine additional holes were added.
Steel House: Women's Dormitory (1952)
Hugh Richardson (Lewiston); General contractor, Commercial Builders (Moscow);
Wood frame with brick ornament, flat roof; basement and three floors, 11,116 sq. feet;
Cooperative dormitory for 58 girls; replaced Ridenbaugh Hall as a residence;
Named for Mrs. Ethel Steel, Board of Regents, 1933-1946, a leader in the movement to provide cooperative dormitories at the U of I
Married Student Housing Apartments
Ridenbaugh Hall (1901)
South side of quadrangle, corner of Blake and Nez Perce;
$17,000 (state appropriation);
Brick, gabled, three floors, 78' x 96', 15,712 sq. ft. Set on a native basalt foundation, this blocky red brick building rises three stories and is topped with a truncated hip roof. Listed on National Register of Historic Places;
Was first women's dormitory and site of domestic science classes, then in 1927 was men's dormitory. Later used as music practice rooms, and currently also houses the Art and Architecture gallery;
Named for Mary E. Ridenbaugh, vice-president of the Board of Regents, and regent from 1901 to 1907
Graduate Art Studio House (1918)
South of Home Economics Building;
Reinforced concrete with brick veneer, basement and two floors, 60' x 108'. Annex is wood frame siding and shingles, gable roof; 11,505 sq. ft.;
Engineering shop and testing, later studios for graduate art students;
Also known as Engineering Annex; Engineering Shop Building; later (ca. 1971) Graduate Art Studio (GAS House);
Alturas Analytics Building (2008)
2008, Alturas Analytics, Inc. 10,000 square foot state of the art facility.
920 West C st
511 S Main St